Terms and Conditions
The term "Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 559 Blenheim Road, Sockburn, Christchurch, New Zealand. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Terms of Sale
- We attempt to describe and load images of items available on our website as accurately as possible. If you receive an item not as described to your original order, you can return the product unused and in original packaging, and we will process a refund, or provide a substitute, whichever at your request.
- We will do our best to ensure stock is available for supply but occasional delays may still occur. We will endeavour to remedy any problems or offer alternatives quickly. Stock is strictly limited. Product descriptions, prices and images are subject to change at any point without notice and any errors in description or pricing will be corrected and you will be notified/re-invoiced correctly. Sorry, no rain checks.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We have no issue with other website linking to us, in fact we encourage it.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New Zealand.
- We are a New Zealand Company, operating our business only within New Zealand (we do not export or accept any international orders). Therefore all transactions are in, and will be billed in, New Zealand Dollars ONLY.
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from delivery delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please refer to our Shipping terms for further information.
In order to contract with us you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. FOSTERS retains the right to refuse any request made by you.
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until your payment has been accepted and approved by us.
Pricing and Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price or payment of any goods we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
Where applicable, prices are inclusive of GST. Delivery costs will be charged in addition, such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable.
We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any times without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fill any orders that you place based on information that may contain errors or inaccuracies.
Upon receiving your order we ensure that the products are available at the correct price and we will then will debit your card and dispatch the goods.
We believe you will be very satisfied with your purchase from Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment.
You are however welcome to return the item if required for exchange or refund excluding shipping costs within 7 days and in its original condition and packaging.
On the rare occasion that a product is found to be faulty under warranty, not as described or any other issues arise with your order, please contact us immediately so we can promptly remedy the issue for you. In most cases we will arrange for our courier to quickly collect the problem items and send out the new parcel at no courier charge for the customer. Please call 0800 88 55 00 or email email@example.com regarding any returns of online orders. Items purchased in store can be returned to any one of our 3 branches.
Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment aims to abide and exceed the requirements set by the New Zealand Fair Trading and Consumer Guarantees Act.
Shipping terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply where you have selected to have your goods delivered to a specified address.
We do not accept international orders or ship internationally at this time.
NZ Shipping, minimum charge per order is $15.00 nationwide or FREE SHIPPING when spending NZ$250.00 + per order. Some items are excluded (such as Stihl products, Ride on Mowers, Chippers, BBQ's, Rotary Mowers etc - please contact us for more information). The delivery address must be an address within New Zealand.
Goods will be dispatched on completion of our acceptance of your order, invoicing and validation of your payment. (Almost all of our orders are dispatched within 24 hours, any supply issues / delays are rare and if applicable, you will be notified within 24 hours).
Delivery Estimate from dispatch, (Monday- Friday): Christchurch 1-2, North Island 3-4, South Island 2-3.
We will use our best endeavours to deliver your order within any stated time frames, however we take no responsibility for delays or goods not reaching the destination identified by the customer.
Rural Delivery / Bulky / Heavy / Dangerous Goods orders may take up to 1-2 days longer.
Online tracking details will come to you by email once the order is collected & scanned by the courier.
All orders are sent out with insurance and online Track & Trace and must be signed for on arrival. Title and risk in the goods pass to you on delivery.
Some products are not available for delivery to your address and must be picked up in-store. You will be advised if this applies when you are making your purchase. If you are required to collect your order from our store, then the relevant store will contact you by telephone or email when the order is available for collection.
Orders for collection must be collected within 14 days of receipt of notice that it is ready for collection. If your order is not collected within this time, the relevant store has the right to cancel your order.
Essential Shipping Tips
Some special items are freight free and will show this. Some items are not included in our special freight deals and the products page details the items shipping terms. The shipping total at checkout will include all applicable shipping charges for your order. Occasionally we may run additional shipping promotions, so ensure you check out the front page banners and sign up for our emails to be notified.
The parcel is insured so someone will need to sign for it, if not the courier leaves a card to call and arrange another delivery time. For your convenience we can also deliver parcels to P O Boxes if preferred, however providing a business address is often quicker and more convenient.
Urgent couriers can be arranged at an extra charge. You are also welcome to call the stores to make orders and to discuss delivery options such as Saturday delivery and generally urgent orders. 0800 88 55 00.
DAMAGE IN TRANSIT: Freighted/couriered items must be thoroughly checked inside before
signing for your delivery. Ensure all products are in good condition. As per strict courier company conditions, damaged items must be reported to us or the courier by the receiver within 24 hours of delivery to qualify for an insurance claim/replacement on the items.