How Safe Are My Details?
- We promise to take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we collect, use or disclose is stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
- We promise to protect your personal and credit card information with the highest level of data privacy and security.
- We understand that you’re concerned about the security and privacy of online transactions. Nowadays, there's so much coverage of online fraud and identity theft that we realise we have to earn your trust on a daily basis.
- We hope this page will provide reassurance that your valuable data, such as credit card details, are protected from prying eyes. While Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment employs advanced technology to protect your data, users should be aware that there is a residual risk in transmitting any data electronically. This risk is inherent in all internet dealings.
How do you secure my payments?
How do I know you are a legitimate organisation?
- We employ state-of-the-art data encryption to ensure safe and secure transactions on our site.
- Our payment area is secured using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer technology (SSL). You'll know when you enter this area because the small yellow padlock appears in the bottom right hand corner of your browser. The other indication is in the address bar. When you enter the secure area of the site, the background of the address bar will turn dark yellow. You'll also notice that http:// is replaced by https:// the 's' standing for 'Secure'.
- Rest assured that your personal and private information remains secure and private in accordance with industry standards when trading with us.
Our High Assurance SSL Certificates confirm two essential factors:
- Our SSL certificates are provided by a leading certificate authority, that only provides High Assurance Certificates. Apart from the highest level of data encryption, High Assurance certificates validate that a company is a legally accountable organisation with articles of incorporation.
- To qualify to receive our SSL Certificate we had to validate ourselves in order to satisfy the authority that we are a legitimate business. We had to prove not only that we own this web domain, but also that we are a legally accountable company. We believe that only by seeking this level of validation can you have peace of mind when buying online.
1. That you have a secure SSL (encrypted) link with this website
2. That this website is a valid and legitimate organisation or an accountable legal entity
Your Details Are Safe With Us?
Linking To Third-party Web Sites
- We are 100 per cent committed to protecting your security and privacy.
- It is our policy not to pass on your e-mail address, home address or any other details to any other company or third party organisation.
- When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third party web sites, you will be subject to the third party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, www.stihlshopchristchurch.co.nz cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites.
- www.stihlshopchristchurch.co.nz has no issue with other Web Sites linking to us, in fact we encourage it!
Collection of your personal information
We may collect personal information about you, directly from you, when you use this website or deal with us over the telephone or by letter or e-mail. You may voluntarily provide us with your personal information to enable us to provide you with information or services, respond to your enquiries, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. Personal information collected by us may include your name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal or physical address, product preferences, or other personal information.
Except for information collected automatically, we will not attempt to collect personal information about you without your knowledge. In most circumstances, you can use this website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide your personal information (or if you provide incorrect personal information), we might not be able to provide you with access to certain information, products or services.
Use and disclosure
The personal information we collect from all users will be used to operate this website and to provide services you have authorised or requested, in particular our online sales service. We may also use personal information collected by us as described in our terms and conditions and to:
(a) - respond to any questions or correspondence from you
(b) - improve this website and any related services
(e) - provide you with information about a service that you are using (including critical updates and announcements)
(f) - eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information
(h) - where you create a message using this website (for the purpose of sending that message to us or to any other recipient specified by you), send that message
(j) - verify your identity or to provide you with a replacement password when you forget your username or password for any account you have with us
(k) - supply you with further information concerning products and services which may be of interest to you
(l) - carry out any other use that is authorised by you or is notified to you at the time of collection
Access and Correction
Where we hold your personal information in such a way that it can readily be retrieved, you are entitled to request access to that information or to obtain our confirmation of whether we hold that information. We may require that you meet our reasonable costs of supplying this information to you. If we are unable to meet your request for access, we will let you know why.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
It is important to us that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and current. If you are a registered user of this website, you may log in to your account and (functionality permitting) update your personal information.
To request access to, or correction of, your personal information held by us, you may contact our stores.
Storage and security
The security of your personal information is important to us. Where we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. We may hold your personal information at our stores or other storage facilities.
Where you enter sensitive information, such as credit card information, we will comply with our security procedures as set out above.
No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information transmitted from or to you. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect that information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by "Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment" and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
To the fullest extent allowed by the law, we exclude all liability to you or anyone else for loss or damage of any kind relating in any way to the website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, "Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment" takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Prices are accurate at the time of input to website, however prices for products shown on this website may change from time to time without notice and FOSTERS reserves its right to change prices where necessary. FOSTERS reserve the right to change the scope of supply in regard to form, technology and equipment.
We are a New Zealand Company, operating our business only within in, New Zealand (we do not export or accept any international orders). Therefore all transactions are in, and will be billed in New Zealand Dollars ONLY.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation and to the fullest extent allowed by the law, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to avoid the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Act) except to the extent permitted by the Act. If you are acquiring goods or services from us for the purposes of a business, you agree that the guarantees provided in the Act shall not apply. We do not provide any guarantees other than those expressly confirmed in the terms and conditions.